Tutorial: Using LiveBinding Programatically
Go Up to Database and LiveBindings Tutorials
This tutorial shows how to use LiveBinding programatically, to manually create binding expressions and to bind properties of objects together.
- Caution: The programmatic method described here is NOT the standard way to implement binding expressions. Typically, you would use the Object Inspector (the standard method) in a or a FMX application. You might never need to use the programmatic way of creating binding expressions. This tutorial demonstrates, however, that it is possible to manually create such expressions.
In this tutorial, you create a Console application that uses LiveBindings without any visual components. The console application has two objects with different properties bound to each other that display different behaviors.
- Creating the Application and Defining the Uses Clause
- Defining and Implementing the Bindable Objects
- Programatically Binding Created Objects
- The Entire Project and Observing the Results