Restoring Settings from Backup
Go Up to Settings Migration Tool
You can restore settings that have been previously backed up. This option is only enabled when there are backups that can be restored.
Backups are automatically created by the Migration Tool before the current configuration settings are overwritten in the following cases:
- Importing Settings from a Migration File
- Migrating Settings to a Newer Product Version
- Restoring Settings from Backup
Backups are automatically stored in:
C:\Users\<username>\MigrationToolBackup.xml– In the case of Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\MigrationToolBackup.xml– In the case of Windows XP
When you restore settings from a backup, the migration tool first creates a backup saving the current state and then, it restores the selected backup.
To restore settings from a backup, open the migrationtool.exe located in the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin
- Note: We recommend you to close Appmethod when exporting and importing configuration settings.
When you execute migrationtool.exe you see a wizard that guides you through the process:
- Choose Restore settings from backup and click Next.
- Select the backup entry to restore from the list available and click Next.
- Select the settings to restore. See more info about the settings you can import and export.
- Click Finish to proceed with the restore.
- The migration tool indicates that it is Backing up settings from registry. First, the migration tool creates a backup; then it overwrites settings.
- After the settings are backed up. The migration tool indicates what settings it is processing. Once the migration completes, the tool indicates that the Settings have been restored.
- Click Close to close the wizard.