Multi-Device Database Applications
Go Up to Multi-Device Applications Index
For multi-device database applications, you need to specify the correct database drivers for the multi-device application before you can run, debug, or deploy the application. Follow the steps given in this topic.
Database applications can be configured to be multi-device in the IDE.
Creating a Multi-Device Application or Converting an Existing Application to Multi-Device
To create a new multi-device dbExpress application or to convert an existing dbExpress application to multi-device, you need to follow these steps:
- Open or create your dbExpress application in Appmethod, and compile the application but do not try to Run, debug, or deploy yet.
- For the Mac OS X and iOS target platforms:
- For the Android target platform, add an Android SDK, and add and activate the target platform you are using.
- Choose Project > Deployment to open the Deployment Manager, and enable the correct database drivers for your target platform (Win64, OS X, iOS, or Android).
- When you are ready to run or debug your application, select Run > Run Without Debugging or Run > Run (run with the debugger).
- To fine-tune your deployment, use the Deployment Manager to add or remove files from the deployment.