Migrating Settings to a Newer Product Version
Go Up to Settings Migration Tool
You can migrate the configuration settings of Appmethod and import them directly into a newer Appmethod version.
When you migrate the settings to a newer Appmethod version, the migration tool exports the settings from the selected Appmethod version and imports them to a selected newer Appmethod version automatically.
Use this option to migrate the configuration settings of two different versions of Appmethod installed on the same machine.
To migrate the configuration settings to a newer Appmethod version, open migrationtool.exe located in the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin.
- Note: We recommend you to close Appmethod when exporting and importing configuration settings.
When you execute migrationtool.exe you see a wizard that guides you through the process:
- Choose Migrate settings to a newer product version and click Next.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Appmethod version where you want to export the settings from and click Next.
- Select the settings to export and click Next. See more info about the settings you can import and export.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Appmethod version where you want to import the settings to.
- Click Finish to proceed with the migration.
- The migration tool indicates that it is Backing up settings from registry. Before overwriting any settings, the migration tool creates a backup. See how you can restore the backups.
- After the settings are backed up. The migration tool indicates what settings it is processing. Once the migration completes, the tool indicates that the Migration has been successful.
- Click Close to close the wizard.