Importing Settings from a Migration File
Go Up to Settings Migration Tool
You can import the configuration settings of Appmethod from an XML file that was previously exported. See how you can export the configuration settings.
When you import configuration settings, the migration tool reads the XML file with
.idesettings extension and applies the settings contained in the XML to the selected Appmethod version.
To import configuration settings, open migrationtool.exe located in the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin.
- Note: We recommend that you close Appmethod when exporting and importing configuration settings.
When you execute migrationtool.exe you see a wizard that guides you through the import process:
- Choose Import settings from a migration file.
- Click the ellipsis button […], find the previously exported
.idesettingsfile and click Open. Click Next to continue with the wizard.
- Select the settings to import and click Next. See more info about the settings you can import and export.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Appmethod version where you want to import the settings.
- Note: You can only import to the same or newer Appmethod versions; backward compatibility is not supported.
- Click Finish to proceed with the import.
- The migration tool indicates that it is Backing up settings from registry. First, the migration tool creates a backup; then it overwrites the settings. See how you can restore the backups.
- After the settings are backed up, the migration tool indicates the settings it is processing.
- After the import completes, the tool indicates that the Migration has been successful.
- Click Close to close the wizard.