Help on Help - CHM
Go Up to Help on Help
The Appmethod CHM help is the help that is delivered with Appmethod and responds to the Help button or
F1 key from the IDE. The help is in Microsoft Compiled HTML Help format, also known as CHM.
There are two panes in the Windows HTML Help viewer:
- The left-hand side pane gives you access to the navigation features: Contents, Index, Search.
- The right-hand side pane shows the current help topic.
Context-Sensitive F1 Help in the IDE
Context-sensitive help is available by selecting an item in the IDE and pressing
- In the Code Editor, select and highlight the entire element, such as a namespace, keyword, or method.
- On a form in the Form Designer, select the component.
- In the Messages window, select a message.
- Within IDE windows, such as the Project Manager or Model View, click within the window.
Docwiki Has the Most Up-to-Date Content
We generate the Appmethod help from a wiki: docwiki. You will always find the most recent and up-to-date help by visiting the docwiki. All Appmethod users are invited to participate in the docwiki. You can create your own user account by clicking Log in \ Create account on any page in the docwiki.
There are actually three separate wikis:
- Subject-matter topics: http://docwiki.appmethod.com/appmethod/topics/en/Main_Page
- Libraries reference: http://docwiki.appmethod.com/appmethod/libraries/en/Main_Page
- Code examples and product samples: docwiki.appmethod.com/appmethod/codeexamples/en/Main_Page
In the offline CHM help, the footer of each page shows a link, Current Wiki Page: Click this link to access the current docwiki version of the displayed page.