Extending the EMS Server
Go Up to EMS Server
The EMS Server exposes an administrative EMS API to access the existing EMS database data and other information (such as the analytics information).
The EMS Server allows you to extend the existing functionality by installing new EMS Packages.
- An EMS Package is a new package that extends the functionality of the EMS server, by registering EMS Resources.
- An EMS Resource has endpoints to expose its methods to the EMS Clients.
- An EMS Resource Endpoint handles a kind of HTTP request to the EMS Server. An EMS Client application can execute these new EMS Resource Endpoint methods to get or put data in the EMS Server.
You can extend the functionality of your EMS Server by creating:
- A custom EMS Resource. Your EMS Clients use custom EMS Resources to retrieve data from the EMS Server.
- A FireDAC EMS Resource. Your EMS Clients can use FireDAC components to retrieve data from your EMS database or from a different database.