Creating a Metrics Chart
Go Up to Working with Metrics Index
From the Metrics pane, you can create different types of charts to represent Metrics results graphically.
Metrics charts are created in temporary files, which are deleted when the charts are closed. However, you can save graphical information in text files, export it to the desired graphical format, and include graphics in the project.
To create a bar chart
- Right-click a row that contains the result for the metric that is of interest to you.
- On the context menu, choose Bar Chart.
- Result: The new pane showing the created bar chart with the results of the selected metric opens.
To create a Kiviat chart
- Right-click the column that contains the results for the desired element.
- On the context menu, choose Kiviat Chart.
- Result: The new pane showing the created Kiviat chart with the metrics results for the selected element opens.
To save a chart
- Select the pane containing the bar or Kiviat chart.
- On the main menu, choose File > Save. The Save Bar Graph or Save Kiviat Graph dialog box opens.
- In the dialog box, specify the location and filename for the target file and click Save.
To export a chart to an image
- Select the desired chart.
- On the main menu, choose File > Export to image....
- In the Export diagram to image dialog box, specify the zoom factor and image dimensions.
- Click Save.
- In the Export diagram to image dialog box, specify the location and filename for the target file and click Save.
To add a chart to a project
- In the Project Manager, right-click the desired project.
- On the context menu, click Add.
- In the Add to Project dialog box, browse for the file containing the chart you want to add to the project, select it, and click Open.