Cloning a Copy of a Mercurial Repository
Go Up to Mercurial Integration in the IDE
Bring up committed files from a specified Mercurial repository to your local machine by downloading a copy of a remote repository.
Cloning a Copy of a Repository Without Authentication Needed
- Choose File > Open from Version Control > Mercurial. The Clone dialog box appears.
- Enter the address of the remote repository in the URL of Repository field or click the ellipsis button [...] to browse for a local folder.
- Enter the directory for the downloaded data in the Destination field, or click the ellipsis button [...] to browse for a local destination folder.
- Click OK to start copying or Cancel to dismiss the download.
Cloning a Copy of a Repository That Needs Authentication
If your remote Mercurial repository needs authentication to pull down your data, you need to do it outside the IDE. Mercurial requires logging in based on a user name and password before permitting cloning a remote repository.
To clone your remote repository:
- Open the command line tool.
- Navigate to the local folder for your repository.
- Type the following command:
hg clone [URL]
- Authenticate with your user name and password.
- Check that the remote files are in your local repository.