Go Up to Third Party Software Add-Ins
Boost is a set of C++ libraries that significantly expand the C++ programming language using template metaprogramming. Appmethod allows you to install a subset of Boost that has been fully tested and preconfigured specifically for Appmethod C++.
Supported Versions, Compilers and Platforms
Appmethod supports different versions of Boost depending on the compiler that you use to build your application:
Appmethod C++ supports Boost for Android mobile platforms through a third-party library package. You can download Boost for Android 1.53 using Tools > GetIt Package Manager.
For more information visit Boost for Android 1.53.
To install Boost do any of the following:
- Select Tools > GetIt Package Manager and double-click the Boost package to install Boost using the GetIt Package Manager.
- Visit appmethod.com and click the Download link at the upper right-hand corner. Then you can either log in using your EDN user ID or sign up for a trial, and locate the Boost download link.
Including Boost in Your Applications
You can include header files of Boost as you would do for any other library. C++ applications automatically use the right version of Boost for the compiler that you use.
For example, to use minmax in an application that you build with BCC32:
Different versions of Boost may contain different header files or a different API. If you want to build your application using compilers that support different versions of Boost, you may need to use conditional compilation.
The Boost include paths are specified in the following environment variables in the IDE:
- CG_BOOST_ROOT (BCC32, BCCOSX):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\include\boost_1_39
- CG_64_BOOST_ROOT (BCC32C, BCC64):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\include\boost_1_55
These variables are defined on the Tools > Options > Environment Options > Environment Variables dialog box.
Follow the links below to access the online help for the versions of Boost that Appmethod supports:
If you installed Boost using the GetIt Package Manager, use it to remove Boost:
- Open Appmethod and select Tools > GetIt Package Manager to open the GetIt Package Manager Window.
- Locate the Boost entry. You can type "Boost" into the search box to filter out other packages from GetIt Package Manager.
- Click Uninstall on the Boost entry.
If you installed Boost using any other of the installation methods:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Double-click Boost Libraries for Appmethod C++ <version>. The Boost installer starts.
- On the Welcome page of the Boost installer, choose the Remove option and click Next.
- On the Ready to Uninstall page, click Next.
- RTL Boost Archive sample