Go Up to Environment Options
Tools > Options > Environment Options > AutoRecover
The AutoRecover feature allows the IDE to save all open files after a period of time. You may recover the saved files after an unexpected close of the IDE.
Save AutoRecover information
Enables or disables the AutoRecover feature.
Period of time, in minutes, in which the IDE saves all open files for recovery.
When AutoRecover is enabled, Appmethod saves the recovery files in the hidden folder called
_recovery, in the folder of your project. When the IDE closes unexpectedly, Appmethod uses these saved files to recover the information when the IDE opens again.
After an unexpected close, follow these steps to recover your files:
- Open the IDE.
- The File Recovery window shows up displaying the files you can recover.
- Double-click the files you want to recover.
- Click Close to close the File Recovery window.
- Proceed with saving your files as required.
If you close the File Recovery window without recovering your files, the IDE asks you if you want to discard the remaining recovered files. Click No if you want to recover such files later.
- Warning: If you click Yes, the IDE will discard the recovery files, after this you will not be able to recover the files.