Adding a New Merge Viewer
Go Up to Version Control Systems in the IDE
To add a new external Merge Viewer
- Choose Tools > Options. The Tools Options dialog appears. Choose from Environment Options the Merge Viewer page.
- Click the Add button in the middle section of the dialog, External Merge Viewers, to the right of the list of already added external viewers.
- A new dialog appears, named External Merge Viewer.
- In the Title section, type the title of the new Merge Viewer.
- In the Program section, specify the name of the program, which is an executable file (.exe, .com, or .pif) of the external viewer. The OK button will remain unavailable unless a program is typed in this section.
- In the Working Directory section, type the path of the executable file, or use the Select Program dialog pressing the Browse button.
- In the Parameters section, specify any parameters for the new external Merge Viewer. To add these parameters you have two options:
- Type the parameters in the Parameters section.
- Click the Macros button to display all the available macros. To add macros to the parameters list, select the macro and either click the Insert button or double-click the macro.
- Click the OK button on the External Merge Viewer dialog box to add the new Merge Viewer to the external viewers list.
- Choose External Viewer in the Preferred Merge Viewer section of the Merge Viewer dialog.
- Click OK to set the newly added viewer as the Merge Viewer.