This sample illustrates how to create a custom list view adapter.
You can find the CustomAdapter sample project at:
- Start | Programs | Appmethod 1.16 | Samples and navigate to:
Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\User Interface\ListView\CustomAdapter
- Subversion Repository:
The CustomAdapter sample shows how to create a custom list view adapter. This specific implementation of a custom adapter obtains image files from a remote server.
How to Run the Sample
- Run the server:
- Install Python 2 to run the server script.
- On the project folder, open
server.pyusing a text editor, and update the values of the
- The default values should let you test this sample application on your development PC.
- To run this sample application on a mobile device, you must update
HOSTso that it contains the IP address where your mobile devices can reach your development PC.
- If the default post is busy in your development PC, you must change the value of
- Run the sample application:
- Open the sample application project file.
- Open the main form of the sample application in the Code Editor and update the value of the
Hostconstant, so that the host and port match those that you configured on the server script.
- Run the sample application.
How It Works
After you start this sample application, it displays the following form:
Click the Load Pictured button to load 30 list view items from the custom list view adapter.