Installing the Platform Assistant on Windows
Note: On Windows, you only need to install the Platform Assistant if you are using a 32-bit Windows development system connected to a 64-bit Windows target system. If you are using a 64-bit Windows development system, you do not need to install the Platform Assistant. However, installing the Platform Assistant on your development system enables you to use the Deployment Manager.
To install the Platform Assistant on Windows
The installer for Windows is
Template:PAServerWinInstallerFile, and it is located in the
PAServer folder inside the Appmethod installation directory:
- For example,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\PAServer\Template:PAServerWinInstallerFile.
Alternatively, you can download the
PAServer installer from the internet:
- Note: Appmethod 1.16 Subscription Update 1 ships with a new version of
PAServerinstaller. If you download
PAServerfrom the internet, choose the correct version of the
- Appmethod 1.16 and Appmethod 1.16 General Update 1:
- Appmethod 1.16 Subscription Update 1:
To complete the installation:
- Copy or download
Template:PAServerWinInstallerFileto the directory of your choice on the remote Windows system.
- During the installation, select or create an installation directory.
- Note: Choose a directory where your user account has read and write permissions, such as
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\PAServer. If you do not have administrative privileges on your system and you leave the default installation directory, you may encounter an error later.
To uninstall the Platform Assistant on Windows
- Note: You do not need to uninstall a previous version of the Platform Assistant to install a newer version. Different versions of the Platform Assistant may coexist on your system. To run several versions of the Platform Assistant at the same time, you need to use a different port on each running instance.
The uninstaller for Windows is
uninstall_paserver.exe, which is located in the
Uninstall folder inside your
PAServer installation directory, by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\PAServer\16.0\Uninstall\uninstall_paserver.exe.
uninstall_paserver.exe and follow the steps of the wizard to uninstall the Platform Assistant.