FireMonkey Application Platform
Go Up to Developing Multi-Device Applications
FireMonkey leverages the graphics processing unit (GPU) in modern desktop and mobile devices to create visually engaging applications on multiple platforms, targeting the entire range from the personal to the enterprise.
FireMonkey topics include:
- FireMonkey Quick Start Guide introduces the FireMonkey application platform with illustrations and hyperlinks to additional information.
- FireMonkey Applications Guide helps you write FireMonkey applications.
- FireMonkey Components Guide describes how to design and create components.
- FireMonkey Accessibility Package helps you create FireMonkey applications for Mac OS X that have associated screen readers and voice-over.
Major Features of FireMonkey
- Cross-platform abstraction layer for OS features like windows, menus, timers, and dialog boxes
- 2D and 3D graphics
- Powerful vector engine (like Adobe Flash or Microsoft WPF)
- Fast real-time anti-aliased vector graphics; resolution independent, with alpha blending and gradients
- WYSIWYG designer and property editors
- Advanced GUI engine - window, button, textbox, numberbox, memo, anglebox, list box, and more
- Advanced skinning engine based on vector graphics styles with sample style themes
- Shape primitives for 2D graphics along with a built-in set of brushes, pens, geometries, and transforms
- Advanced animations calculated in background thread; easy to use and accurate, with minimal CPU usage and automatic frame rate correction
- Bitmap effects rendered in software, including drop shadows and blurring
- Flexible layouts and compositing of shapes and other controls
- Layered forms, Unicode-enabled
- JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and GIF format read/write support
- Multi-language engine, editor and examples
- FireMonkey Code Examples
- Tutorial: Creating a FireMonkey 3D Application - demonstrates how to start a FireMonkey 3D application and implement 2D controls
- FireMonkey Libraries Reference
- Cross-Platform Applications
- Wizards for Creating FireMonkey Multi-Device Applications and Components
- Mac OS X Application Development
- iOS Mobile Application Development
- Android Mobile Application Development
- Getting Started with Windows and Mac Application Development (E-Learning Series)