Object Inspector Keyboard Shortcuts
Go Up to Object Inspector
Listed below are keyboard shortcuts for working with the Object Inspector.
|Up / Down Arrow Keys and Tab||Selects properties or event handlers.|
|Left / Right Arrow Keys||Edits the value or event column in the Object Inspector. Also expands/contracts a selected property when focus is in the name column.|
|Tab||Toggles between the name and value columns in the Object Inspector.|
|Tab+<letter>||Jumps directly to the first property or event beginning with the letter.|
|Ctrl+Tab||Toggles between the Properties and Events tabs in the Object Inspector.|
|Page Up||Moves up one screen of properties.|
|Page Down||Moves down one screen of properties.|
|Alt+F10||Displays context menu.|
|Alt+Down||Opens a drop-down list for a property.|
|Ctrl+Down arrow key||Opens the object list dropdown.|
|Ctrl+Enter||Selects and activates the ellipsis button (...) if it is available in a selected property.|
|F12||Switches between Form Designer and Code Editor.|
To change the properties of a component using the keyboard:
- Select the component you want to modify using the Tab or arrow keys.
- Press Enter to switch to the Object Inspector.
- Use the arrow keys to select the property you want to change.
- Type the new value for the property and press Enter.
- To return to the form, press Alt+V+F and select the form from the list.