Go Up to File Menu
File > New > Other
Project > Add New Project…
Project Manager | right-click on a project node | Add New > Other
Use this dialog box to create a new project or file based on one of the items displayed in the right-hand pane. The New Items dialog box (also known as the Gallery) displays the project templates that are stored in the Appmethod Object Repository.
Help for New Items: The lower pane in the New Items dialog box displays customized Help for the selected item.
Filtering the New Items: At the top of the New Items dialog box is a filtered search box (, further described below) that enables you to search for Gallery items by typing in the name or part of the name.
Click a folder displayed in the left-hand pane to display in the right-hand pane the types of entities that you can create.
The items displayed are not always the same. Items that are currently unavailable because they are not supported in the current context are not displayed in the Gallery. If the context changes, new items may appear.
Enter a search string: any part of the name of a project type or file type that you want to locate in the Gallery. The New Items dialog box automatically displays only those items that match the string as you type. Click X to clear the search string.
Two well-known wild cards are supported in the search:
An inherent * is added to the beginning of each search string that you type, and to the end as well, to allow matching of substrings.
Displays a description of the selected item, when available. This field does not appear when you are viewing the Gallery as Details (using the context-menu commands).
Copy / Inherit / Use
Incorporates the selected template into your project as one of the following:
For more information, see Copy, Inherit, Use.
- Tip: Right-click in the right-hand pane to display a context menu for controlling your view of this dialog box (large or small icons, list or details) and the arrangement of the items. The context menu also allows you to open the Object Repository directly (you can edit, move, and delete the project template libraries).
- New (File Menu)
- New Console Application (C++)
- Multi-Device Application
- Using the Object Repository
- New Dynamic-link Library
- New Application
- Remote Data Module Wizard
- New Thread Object
- Adding and Removing Files
- Copy, Inherit, Use
- Creating a Simple C++ Application to Use C++11 Features
- Creating a Project