Adding a New Difference Viewer
Go Up to Subversion Integration in the IDE
Go Up to Git Integration in the IDE
Adding a new Difference Viewer enables you to see the difference between two versions of a file by using another external viewer.
To add a new external Difference Viewer
- Choose Tools > Options > Environment Options > Difference Viewer.
- Click the Add button in the middle section of the Difference Viewer page, External Difference Viewers, to the right of the list of previously added external viewers.
- On the External Difference Viewer dialog box:
- In the Title section, type the title of the new Difference Viewer.
- In the Program section, specify the name of the program, which is an executable file (.exe, .com, or .pif) of the external viewer. The OK button remains unavailable unless a program is typed in this section.
- In the Working Directory section, type the path of the executable file, or use the Select Program dialog by pressing the Browse button.
- In the Parameters section, specify any parameters for the new external Difference Viewer. To add these parameters you have two options:
- Type them in the Parameters section.
- Click Macros to display all the available macros. To add macros to the parameters list, select the macros, and either click the Insert button or double-click the macros.
- Click OK on the External Difference Viewer dialog box to add the new Difference Viewer to the external viewers list.
- Press the Default button to the right of the list if you want to load this viewer when you press Show in external difference viewer (not the down-arrow) in the Differences tab on the History Manager. You also have to choose External Viewer in the Preferred Difference Viewer section of the External Difference Viewer dialog.
- Click OK on the Difference Viewer page of Tools Options to save the newly added viewer in the list of Difference Viewers.