function SubscribeToRemoteItem(const AProfile: TTetheringProfileInfo; const ARemoteItem: TCustomRemoteItem): Boolean; overload; function SubscribeToRemoteItem(const AProfile: TTetheringProfileInfo; const ARemoteItemName: string): Boolean; overload;
bool __fastcall SubscribeToRemoteItem(const System::Tether::Manager::TTetheringProfileInfo &AProfile, TCustomRemoteItem* const ARemoteItem)/* overload */; bool __fastcall SubscribeToRemoteItem(const System::Tether::Manager::TTetheringProfileInfo &AProfile, const System::UnicodeString ARemoteItemName)/* overload */;
Subscribes this application profile to the specified remote resource of the specified remote profile for updates.
You can specify a remote resource to subscribe with either of the following sets of parameters:
- Provide the remote application profile that contains the remote resource as an instance of TTetheringProfileInfo and the name of the remote resource.
- The RemoteProfiles property of your TTetheringManager component provides a list of remote application profiles that are connected to your profile.
- Provide the remote application profile that contains the remote resource as an instance of TTetheringProfileInfo and an instance of TCustomRemoteItem.
- Your TTetheringAppProfile component provides a method, GetRemoteProfileActions, that returns a list of remote resources shared by a given remote application profile specified as an instance of TTetheringProfileInfo.
When the value of a remote resource with the same name as the instance of TCustomRemoteItem that you subscribed changes, the value of the subscribed instance of TCustomRemoteItem is updated, and the OnResourceUpdated event occurs.
- To read the value from the subscribed instance of TCustomRemoteItem, you must cast this instance as TRemoteResource and read its data. See Reading an Incoming Remote Resource.
- When a remote resource that wraps a stream changes, the OnResourceUpdated event occurs, but the value of the subscribed instance of TCustomRemoteItem is not updated. You must request the new resource value manually. See Requesting Remote Resources.
- The OnResourceUpdated event does not occur if you subscribe to the same remote resource using a local resource.
A call to SubscribeToRemoteItem may raise any of the following exceptions:
No available connections to <profile identifier>
Can't connect to profile <profile identifier>