Show: Object Pascal C++
Using the Cloud Service
From Appmethod Topics
There are multiple providers on the market that can be used for sending notifications. Appmethod comes with pre-installed components for two providers:
These providers usually offer more services than just sending out remote-notifications.
Note: You must have an account in order to use either one of the providers.
Create a Project at Kinvey
Setting up your Project
- Go to the Kinvey console, and create a new project from the top right side. (Click Sign up for Kinvey.)
- To create your app backend:
- Set a name for the project.
- For platform, select REST API from the Other tab.
- Now you can see the AppKey, App Secret and Master Secret parameters that you will need later.
NOTE: You can also go to the app settings page to copy App Secret and Master Secret.
Google Cloud Messaging Configuration
- Click Save GCM Configuration.
- Upload your certificate from this step to Kinvey.
- Click Save iOS Configuration.
Adding a User
- Go to Addons > Core > Users.
- Select Add User and define a user and a password.
- Click the Create User button.
Create a Project at Parse
- Go to the Parse page, click either Sign Up or Try it for free, and create a new app.
- Specify a name for your app.
- A list of Keys is displayed. Click Data Browser to see configuration details.
NOTE: You can access this list later by browsing to Settings > Application keys.
- Go to Settings > Push Notification.
- In Apple Push Certificate section upload your certificate from this step. The Apple App ID and the Parse App are now linked.