Go Up to Type Trait Functions (C++0x) Index
Type Trait Functions
bool __has_trivial_default_constructor (typename T )
Returns true if and only if T has a trivial default constructor.
Error if T is an incomplete type.
False (but well-formed) if a class type does not have a default constructor.
According to the definition from Section 188.8.131.52 of the Working Draft notes, a type T has a trivial copy assignment operator if:
- a scalar type (or array thereof)
- an array of class type with a trivial default constructor
- a class type with a trivial default constructorr
Especially note false for reference types.
According to Section 21.1 p5 of the Working Draft, a default constructor is trivial if:
- It is not user provided
- Its class has no virtual functions
- Its class has no virtual base classes
- Each direct base class of X has a trivial copy assignment operator.
- All the direct base classes of its class have trivial default constructors.
- For all the non-static data members of its class that are of class type (or array thereof), each such class has a trivial default constructor.
A default consructor is not user provided if it is implicitly declared, or defined inline as = default;.
Ox interaction if the copy assign operator is defined as deleted.
Ox interaction false if the default constructor is defined as deleted.
Ox interaction with default function definitions.