Developing DataSnap Applications
Go Up to Key Application Types
The DataSnap technology continues to evolve, as the demands for distributed computing increase. The technology behind DataSnap has moved beyond the approach of remoting data through the Microsoft COM/DCOM to a more open communication approach based on RESTful services. This evolution has allowed the DataSnap technology to expand its capabilities in order to include a complete middleware technology. One of the key features of the technology is that it is fast: fast to build, fast to deploy, and fast to execute in production.
DataSnap now has expanded capabilities, allowing the technology to work within almost any standards-based infrastructure. While the latest DataSnap is still backwards-compatible with the COM/DCOM approach, it now has the ability to communicate natively through HTTP or HTTPS.
There are no additional charges to USE or DEPLOY the DataSnap technology.
High-Level Overview of DataSnap
DataSnap Proxy Code Example
The Object Pascal code example DSProxyGenerator_(Object Pascal) demonstrates how to generate a DataSnap client proxy at run time.
- DataSnap Overview and Architecture
- Using a DataSnap Server with an Application (Tutorial)
- DataSnap Server Application
- DataSnap Client Application
- Authentication and Authorization
- Server Side Session Management
- Cloud Computing with DataSnap
- Deployment Manager
Other Database Products Supported by Appmethod
- LiveBindings Designer
- LiveBindings Wizard
- Creating LiveBindings
- Tutorial: Using a REST DataSnap Server with an Application
- Tutorial: Using LiveBinding to Create an Application Without Code